Length: 1 Hour 1.0 HSW/LU 1.0 PDH
After you have completed this educational program you will be able to:
- Identify the different precast concrete systems used when designing school buildings
- Discuss how different Precast/Prestressed components are used in school designs
- Explain the properties of precast concrete school buildings
- Use the aesthetic features of precast concrete to create structures that meet the unique needs of schools
- Understand the precast concrete design process
Fema 361 refers to public and community areas subject to extreme-wind events. Community stakeholders responsible for public safety should consider building a community safe room. Primary stakeholders include building owners, schools, hospitals, neighborhood associations, and others.
The primary purpose of FEMA P-361 is to provide guidance. It features best practices related to the design, construction, and operation of community and residential safe rooms. It increases demand for high-performance structures such as precast concrete.