Precast, Prestressed Concrete Piles
Attendees will learn what prestressing concrete is and review specific structural design considerations for precast/prestressed concrete (PPC) piles, including pile types, production methods, pile handling, and installation. This presentation will summarize the advantages and benefits of using prestressed concrete piles in projects and provide an overview of the structural design considerations for those projects. The presentation will also feature a case study where prestressed concrete piles have been successfully incorporated.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
• Define prestressed concrete and pile types
• Review PPC pile production
• Review pile handling, transportation, and installation
• Define advantages of PPC piles and structural design considerations
• Roy L. Eriksson, P.E., President/CEO at Eriksson Technologies, Inc.
• Jim Parkins, VP & Director of Marketing at Concrete Technology Corporation
• Dan Eckenrode, Executive Director at PCI Gulf South
CEU Credit: 1 AIA CEU/PDH
Learn more about PCMA and educational opportunities with our Learn@Lunch offerings!