Program Number Authorized: LIVE15PCRH100
Level 2 – Intermediate
Length: 1 Hour AIA 1.0 HSW/LU 1.0 PDH 0.1 CEU
In this program participants will learn the basics of using precast concrete in single-family and multi-family residential housing.
Topics discussed include:
- Acoustic properties
- Fire safety
- Indoor environmental advantages of concrete
- Maintenance needs
- Speed of construction
- Outdoor environmental properties
- Utilize the precast concrete design for sustainable residential housing.
- Identify structural concepts, including enclosure systems, used with precast concrete housing design
- Design efficiencies into precast concrete structures through the use of standard design systems.
- Identify design resources available to aid in designing single and multi-family housing using precast products.