This webinar will discuss recent advancements in how precast concrete is being used on modern bridge projects throughout the United States. Recent project experiences are featured to demonstrate how creative designs using precast, prestressed concrete have enhanced the success of numerous bridge projects. Design concepts will be discussed that are currently available to Designers, Owners, and Contractors to assist them in determining appropriate solutions for precast bridge design and other substructures and superstructures. Means and methods in fabrication and construction are discussed using actual project experiences. Design concepts that are being proposed for future projects will also be featured.
The presentation will showcase the versatility and constructibility that can be achieved by using precast, prestressed concrete elements in bridge construction which have resulted in:
- A Safer Work Environment
- Better Quality Materials and Workmanship
- Greater economy
- Reduced construction schedules
- Less Impact on the public during construction
- Aesthetic enhancements to the completed project
- Owners, Engineers, and Contractors will gain exposure to available designs and resources and how to utilize them in Precast Bridge Design.
- Learn about how precasting various bridge elements has a demonstrated positive impact on the constructibility of a project.
- Learn how enhanced constructibility has reduced construction costs and project schedules.
- Gain an understanding of additional benefits such as:
- Greater Project safety
- Better Materials and Quality Control and finishes.
- Enhanced Aesthetics.