Total Precast Concrete
This one-hour program is intended for designers with some precast concrete experience and/or knowledge. Basic concepts of pre-stressing, components, and application towards a complete, total-precast building solution will be discussed. Typical design challenges and the unique project delivery process of total precast will be presented, and the unique ability of total precast to meet those requirements described.
- Learn about total precast concrete characteristics, advantages, typical construction methods, and construction applications.
- Understand precast applications and uses.
- Review typical precast building components.
- Learn about the manufacturing processes that give precast concrete its consistently high quality.
- Gain insight on technical considerations.
- Understand the precaster’s role in assisting the design team.
- Access industry resources available to designers.
Meet the Presenter:
Paul Todd, Principal, Todd Architecture
Paul Todd holds Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture degrees from the University of Illinois.
He has thirty-six years of experience in residential, governmental, and commercial projects, involving both new construction and rehabilitation of historic structures, including:
- over four million square feet of total precast concrete structures
- the first LEED™-certified office building in Colorado, and
- the first total-precast concrete LEED™-certified structure in the country.
He is a licensed architect and LEED™-accredited professional.