Moisture Mitigation in Building Assemblies
The presentation describes moisture mitigation in building wall assemblies with an emphasis on precast concrete walls in northern U.S. climates.
It describes indoor and outdoor sources of moisture and the basic fundamentals of water vapor condensation.
The difference between air barriers and vapor retarders is described. Methods of keeping precast concrete walls dry are presented.
Credits: 1 HSW LU or PDH
In this webinar, the participant will learn about:
- Identify moisture sources which affect building envelopes
- Discover what causes condensation issues
- Understand the detailing of air and vapor retarders
- Determine the best wall types for your specific project based on climate
- Learn about energy considerations
Meet the Presenter: Emily Lorenz, PE
Emily is an independent consultant in the areas of LCA, EPDs, PCRs, green building, and sustainability.
She serves as an engineer in the areas of green structures and practices, energy efficiency, thermal properties, and moisture mitigation.