Discussion on the cost considerations that go into using precast concrete in terms of designing, constructing, and maintaining parking garages. The webinar will include descriptions and discussion of the reasons to utilize precast concrete systems, products, and manufacturers in providing parking structures to owners, from initial design through project delivery. Parking structure maintenance will be discussed regarding material choices, proper maintenance, and repairs.
Credits: Approved by AIA CES for 1.0 LU/HSW
Parking Stuctures Learning Objectives:
- Economic Benefits of building with Precast Concrete will be presented. Cost benefits of precast concrete through improved schedule and construction (erection) speed, site operations, and coordination with other trades.
- Quality issues discussed include plant certification, precast concrete durability, and quality of precast concrete products and systems.
- Maintenance of parking structures will be discussed in the areas of housekeeping, preventive maintenance, and repairs. The selection of materials in a design that will affect the durability of a parking structure will also be discussed.
- The basic elements of precast parking structures will be presented.
Meet the Presenter:
Corey Greika P.E.
Vice President and Sales Manager of the Coreslab Structures (Indianapolis) plant in Indianapolis, Indiana
• 21 years in the precast/prestressed concrete industry
• Started as a QC technician while in college.
• Held positions of QC technician, plant engineer, design engineer, engineering manager, sales engineer, and sales manager.
• Graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering and a Bachelor’s in Science in Architecture.
• Worked in Atlanta construction market for 8 years before moving to Indianapolis.
• Member of the PCI Marketing Council.