A Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute free AIA-CEU approved education webinar on the versatility of incorporating precast, prestressed concrete in the design and construction of parking structures.
This one-hour program is intended for professional designers. Basic parking planning strategies and garage types will be discussed. The qualities of precast concrete most suitable for the design and construction of parking structures will be presented.
Credits: 1.0 AIA LU
- Identify the different precast concrete systems, advantages, and construction methods used in parking garages.
- Understand precast applications and uses.
- Review typical precast components.
- Learn about the manufacturing processes that give precast concrete its consistently high quality.
- Gain insight on technical considerations including connections, construction, and erection.
- Understand the precaster’s role in assisting the design team.
- Access industry resources available to designers.
Paul Todd, Principal, Todd Architecture
Paul Todd holds Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture degrees from the University of Illinois.
He has thirty-six years of experience in residential, governmental, and commercial projects, involving both new construction and rehabilitation of historic structures, including:
- over four million square feet of total precast concrete structures
- the first LEED™certified office building in Colorado, and
- the first total-precast concrete LEED™certified structure in the country.
He is a licensed architect and LEED™accredited professional.