Best Arena - Structural
The Dickies Arena is a state-of-the-art multipurpose venue, located within the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. It will host concerts, sporting events, family entertainment, community events, and the Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
The precaster, Coreslab Structures Oklahoma, contributed a total of 686 precast concrete pieces to the Dickies Arena project. 270 of these are seating risers spanning an average of 24 feet with a maximum span of 39 feet in length. With a seating capacity ranging up to 14,000 for concert events, it was important that the precast seating risers were designed to meet a high natural frequency, to eliminate the risk of bouncing even with the largest crowds. The lower level precast seating risers were uniquely designed to carry additional loads for walls and seating applied during rodeo events.
Following the grand opening in November of 2019, Designers and Construction Managers noted that arena and stadium projects require versatility, resilience, and speed to meet tight deadlines. The high performance precast concrete used on this project met these challenges and provided superb value to the City of Fort Worth, Texas.
- Precast Concrete Producer – Coreslab Structures (OKLA) Inc. – Oklahoma City, OK
- Architect of Record – HKS, Inc. Dallas, TX
- Arena Design Architect – David M. Schwartz Architects, Inc. – Washington, DC
- Structural Engineer – Walter P. Moore – Dallas, TX
- Construction Manager – The Beck Group – Fort Worth, TX
- Client – City of Fort Worth